Friday, November 29, 2013

King of Fighters NeoWave

I've successfully converted also King of Fighters NeoWave!!

Unfortunately, has the same problem as Metal Slug 6 and shows black screen on real Naomi but works great on MAME.

Hopefully the problem/protection that is causing this is the same in both games, and even with more luck the same one that is causing the games not to works on Naomi 2.

With the Naomi Development kit I could do a lot more and faster....if someone heard from someone where it could be downloaded please PM at the neogeo forum.

Stay tuned for more.

9 comments:

  1. Well, I must say that sounds like quite a challenge; I wish there was something I could do to help but I lack that skill.
    That being said, I have confidence that you will be able to succeed. Good luck and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did not fully understand.. the CONVERTED roms work in MAME ?? :D i mean you load the roms and they work on usual mame ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means that the Atomiswave Game converted for Naomi works great on MAME running in Naomi mode, which is basically the same thing you do when netbooting or CF'loading a converted game into Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Fist of the north star fully converted and working on nulldc Naomi and/or Makaron?

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it on any emulator other than MAME, but it should work. Can someone try it?

      Delete
  5. could you release the version of your converted game for MAME ?? :D at least to try how naomi converted games work in MAME :D do they go fast ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can try, if you want, I have both emulators (Nulldc Naomi and Makaron) installed on my pc.

      Delete
    2. Yeah,

      that would be very good. Please let us know.

      Delete
  6. They go slow, at least in my i5 processor, like 30% of real machine. I can release the conversion but you still need a special compiled version of MAME with some changes so it loads the game not from chd but from a gdrom.bin file...but honestly don't see the point.

    ReplyDelete